Kerry Library is pleased to provide free Internet access in all its branch libraries.
Guidelines for use of PC’s & the Internet
1. Maximum of one session (of between 15mins - 50mins) per person per day.
2. An automated booking procedure is in place by either (i) logging on with the help of library staff or (ii) making a reservation at the self- reservation PC provided.
3. If a session is not taken up within 10 minutes of due start time, it will be forfeited to another user for the duration of the session.
4. If a computer is inactive for over 10 minutes the remainder of the session will be forfeited to another user.
5. Children may use the Internet only if accompanied by a parent/guardian.
6. Only one person may use a PC at any one time.
7. All applications must be closed at the end of each session.
8. From January 2014, the following printing charges will apply - Printouts are available at 20c per page: black & white only, colour printing is not available.
9. Use of CD-ROM is not permitted.
10. All information is accessed at the users own risk and for their personal use only.
11. Each user is required to be a registered member of Kerry Library. For security and administrative reasons it is essential for all users to have their card with them each time they visit the library.
Monitoring software is active on all PCs. All privileges will be denied to any user who makes illegal use of the internet, who attempts to violate PC security or who breaches these guidelines.
In the interest of other library users please switch mobile phones to silent and keep noise to a minimum. Thank you.