Computer Services at your Library
Kerry Library is pleased to provide free internet access in all its branch libraries.
Free public wifi is now available in all Kerry Library branches. It can be accessed using your library card number & PIN. Wifi guest passes are available for non-members.
Public Access PCs.
Public Access PCs are available in each branch library. They can be accessed using your library card number & PIN. Wifi guest passes are available for non-members.
Guidelines for use of Public PCs in Kerry Library.
1. Maximum of one session (of between 15mins - 50mins) per person per day.
2. An automated booking procedure is in place by either (i) logging on with the help of library staff or (ii) making a reservation at the self- reservation PC provided.
3. If a session is not taken up within 10 minutes of due start time, it will be forfeited to another user for the duration of the session.
4. If a computer is inactive for over 10 minutes the remainder of the session will be forfeited to another user.
5. Children may use the internet only if accompanied by a parent/guardian.
6. Only one person may use a PC at any one time.
7. All applications must be closed at the end of each session.
8. Printouts are available at 20c per page, black & white only. Colour printing is availabe only in Tralee & Killarney Libraries at 60c per page.
9. Scanning to email & USB services are available at all branch libraries ar a cost of 20c per document (maximum of 10 pages).
10. Use of CD-ROM is not permitted.
11. All information is accessed at the users own risk and for their personal use only.
Monitoring software is active on all PCs. All privileges will be denied to any user who makes illegal use of the internet, who attempts to violate PC security or who breaches these guidelines.
Wifi Printing Services/ Print from Home.
A Wifi printing service and a Print from Home service are now both available in Tralee & Killarney Libraries.
To print from your Laptop, Smartphone or Home PC:
- Email your document to one of the email adresses below:
Colour (60c per sheet): firstname.lastname@example.org
Black & White (20c per sheet): email@example.com
Colour (60c per sheet): firstname.lastname@example.org
Black & White (20c per sheet): email@example.com
- You will receive a return email from 'PrinterOn PrintSpots' containing a Privacy Release Code normally within 1-3 mins. Note that you receive separate, distinct codes for the email message and each attachment(s)
- Visit the library and collect the document. At the Print Station, select Collect Print Job, enter the Privacy Release Code and press Print. Make payment and press Confirm.
- You have 3 days (72 hours) to collect a document. After the 1st print you can reprint up to 10 times, within 1 hr.
In the interest of other library users please switch mobile phones to silent and keep noise to a minimum in the library. Thank you.