Kerry Library Services to Schools
Download the Kerry Library Service to Schools Brochure HERE
- Classroom Novels: Kerry Library has developed a Classroom Novels Collection as part of its schools support programme. The collection has been extended to over 130 titles, covering a variety of genres and age groups, and can be borrowed by all Primary and Secondary school teachers based in Kerry. Teachers can borrow a set of 30 novels at a time for a period of 50 days. Search the full collection HERE.
- Block Loan Account: All teachers are eligible to open a special type of library account called a 'Block Loan Account'. With this account you can borrow 40 items from your local library's general stock for a period of 3 months. This can be an ideal way to try out a new reading series, supplement a classroom library or source additional books for use in classroom projects. The opening hours and contact details for your local library are available HERE.
- Class Visits to Libraries: We welcome classes to visit their local libraries and choose their own books to borrow. Your local librarian can facilitate providing class teachers with membership forms for students and provide a short library tour on the first class visit. Please contact your local library directly to make an appointment for your visit.
- Online Services for Schools: Kerry Library provides free of charge access for schools to LOTE 4 Kids, Times Table Rock Stars and Numbots. More information about these services and how to access them can be found here
- Event Programmes for Schools: As part of Kerry Library's participation in the national Right to Read program we continue to host events designed for school classes throughout the year as part of our Spring Into Storytime, Summer Stars, Children's Book Festival and Science Week celebrations. Details of all events are advertised on our library website and social media platforms as well as by directly mail to schools. To receive details of all future library events for schools, subscribe to our mailing list at the top of the page.
- Kerry Library Toys and Sensory Resources Collection: This is a collection of over 400 toys to meet the requirements of children with complex needs and their families. In addition to being available directly to families this collection can also be accessed by Special Needs Assistants working in Kerry primary schools. Further information about the collection and how to access it is available HERE.
- Music Generation Kerry: Music Generation Kerry offers subsidised vocal, instrumental and music technology tuition to children and young people in their local community. The programme is co-funded by the Music Network and U2. In Kerry, it is run by the Kerry ETB.
Kerry Library operates as an instrument hub for music generation. We currently stock a large number of musical instruments which can be borrowed by children registered with Music Generation. For more information about Music Generation Kerry and for registration details visit the Kerry ETB webpage or email programme co-ordinator Deirdre Johnson, email@example.com.